Weekly

Monday, July 16, 2018

Day 7

Today started with the typical morning meeting before all of the interns split into their lab groups. First, I tried one of the equations that Carl demonstrated, and the results were actually reasonable! I tested three different points and all of the results were less than two feet away from the prediction. I then went to talk to Carl to clarify the second method and talk about my previous odd results. He explained how to take the inverse of a non-square matrix by creating a "pseudo matrix," and told me that my best chance of getting reasonable results was to create a program on MATLAB rather than doing it by hand. Emerald and I then went to lunch and had ice cream from Ben and Jerry's. After lunch, IT came to download MATLAB, and then I spent the rest of the day looking up different features so that I can hopefully write a program eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment