Weekly

Friday, July 13, 2018

Day 6

Today began with the morning meeting where Joe went over the abstracts we turned in yesterday and gave us some feedback to improve them. Overall, Anoop and I need to add more as an introduction and be more descriptive throughout. After that, we went to the ice arena to measure some of the reference points, although it is not a full size hockey rink so our measurements will most likely not be used. After we came back to the Carlson building, I showed Joe part of my process for the equations Carl gave us and tried using the center of the frame of broadcast footage as the origin, but the answers still came out completely off. I emailed Carl to try to arrange a meeting to go over the math again and try to diagnose the problems, and then all of the other interns and I went ice skating. After ice skating, Emerald and I went to a cafeteria while the boys went back in search of free pizza. After lunch, I read some of the textbook that Carl had suggested, and the material looked familiar, but I couldn't understand it very well. I'm hoping the meeting with him adds more clarification. I also looked over and edited my partner and I's abstract.

No comments:

Post a Comment