Weekly

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Day 10



Today began again with a short meeting because Joe is still on vacation. Afterwards, I finished going through the frames from the center fixed focal length camera so that I can begin to determine whether it is more accurate than the MATLAB method that could be used for the broadcast footage. The broadcast method appears to be more accurate, but sometimes it is hard to determine which method is more accurate for certain frames because the perspective of the fixed focal length camera makes it difficult to see where a person on the ice is located exactly. I discovered a way to make the MATLAB program round to the nearest tenth so that I don't have to work with the crazy fractions I did before, making it quicker and more accurate. After I finished this, I moved the data onto a Word document and aligned each frame with a picture and circles showing where the player is in the footage and in the diagram. I had to go back several times and rerun the calculations because I made an error when I was working with the large fractions yesterday. Overall, it was a pretty productive day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment